Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV)
Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) is a scheme launched in July 2004, for setting up residential schools at upper primary level for girls belonging predominantly to the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities. The scheme is being implemented in educationally backward blocks of the country where the female rural literacy is below the national average and gender gap in literacy is above the national average. The scheme provides for a minimum reservation of 75% of the seats for girls belonging to SC, ST, OBC or minority communities and priority for the remaining 25%, is accorded to girls from families below poverty line.
The scheme is being implemented in 27 States/UTs namely: Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
2578 KGBVs were sanctioned by Government of India till date. Of these, 427 KGBVs have been sanctioned in Muslim concentration blocks, 612 in ST blocks, 688 in SC blocks. As on 31st January, 2009, 2423 KGBVs are reported to be functional (i.e. 94%) in the States and 1,90,404 girls enrolled in them (50,630 SC girls (27%); 58,682 ST girls (31%); 50,161 OBC girls (26%); 18,206 BPL girls (9%); 12,725 Minority girls (7%). Out of the total 2578 sanctioned KGBVs, 547 KGBVs have been constructed + 1262 are in progress and 769 have not been started. The Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya scheme is merged with Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan in the XIth Plan with effect from 1st April, 2007.
National Evaluation of KGBV
The National Evaluation of the KGBV scheme was undertaken between 29th January to 20th February 2008 in 12 States of Gujarat, Jharkhand, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh and Orissa, with 12 independent experts in girls education and another joint Evaluation of NPEGEL & KGBV scheme was also undertaken between 19th November to 14th December, 2007 in States of Assam, Manipur, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Haryana, Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Meghalaya, West Bengal, Mizoram, Tripura and Dadar & Nagar Haveli.
- KGBV Revised Guideline
- National EValuation Final Report of KGBV
- KGBV Scheme
- Guidelines for Implementation of KGBV Sceme
- State Wise progress of Physical Progress of KGBV Scheme : As on 15th July, 09
- List of 2573 KGBVs Sanctioned (District/Blockwise
- Status of Implementing Agencies KGBV upto 31st Jan_09
- List of KGBVs sanctioned in Muslim, SC, ST blocks having 20% population
- Status of Civil Work of KGBV up to 15th July, 09
- MCB List - "427" up to 15th July 09
- Status of KGBV in SC Blocks upto 15th July, 2009
- Status of KGBV in ST Blocks upto 15th July 2009
- OVERALL PROGRESS OF KGBV AS ON 15th July, 2009
Post a Comment (
- HAPPY TEACHERS DAY Posted on 2016-09-04
- Photograph from Kaimur (Bhabhua) District of Bihar Posted on 2016-09-04
- BLOCK MAP OF KAIMUR | ADHAURA, BHAGWANPUR, BHABUA, CHAND, CHAINPUR, DURGAWATI, KUDRA, MOHANIA, NUAON, RAMGARH, RAMPUR Posted on 2016-09-04
- Bihar exam board to link exams with Aadhar Posted on 2016-09-04
- The Memsaheb by Author Rashmi Singh released on 30th August 2016 at Delhi Book Fair, Pragati Maidan Posted on 2016-09-03