Patna Municipal CorporationContent posted by Admin for Government and Administration on Thu 02 Jun 2011
The Patna Municipal Corporation was established on the 15th August 1952, in accordance with The Patna Municipal Corporation Act, 1951, which was published in the Bihar Gazettes Extraordinary No.249 the 30th July 1952, by the Govt. Of Bihar in their Notification No. L.S.G. 1088/52 Leg-538 dated 26th July 1952. The Patna Municipal Corporation Act 1951 came into force on 15-08-1952 with the enforcement of Act, the former Patna City Municipality, the former Patna administrative committee and the former Patna Bankipur joint water works committee were replaced by The Patna Municipal Corporation on 15-08-1952. Thus came into being a New Civic Body with the merger of the 88 year Old Patna City Municipality and the 35 year old Patna Administration Committee with more powers and responsibilities and the PMC was established with effect from 15th August 1952, by virtue of orders issued by Govt. in their notification No. 6613 dated 9th August, 1952, published in the Bihar Gazettes Extraordinary No.95 the 11th August 1952. The first election of the councilors were completed in March 1954, but they came in office on the 1st February 1955.
Post a Comment (
- HAPPY TEACHERS DAY Posted on 2016-09-04
- Photograph from Kaimur (Bhabhua) District of Bihar Posted on 2016-09-04
- BLOCK MAP OF KAIMUR | ADHAURA, BHAGWANPUR, BHABUA, CHAND, CHAINPUR, DURGAWATI, KUDRA, MOHANIA, NUAON, RAMGARH, RAMPUR Posted on 2016-09-04
- Bihar exam board to link exams with Aadhar Posted on 2016-09-04
- The Memsaheb by Author Rashmi Singh released on 30th August 2016 at Delhi Book Fair, Pragati Maidan Posted on 2016-09-03