Bihar State Food & Civil Supply CorporationContent posted by Admin for Government and Administration on Sat 01 Feb 2014
Bihar State Food & Civil Supplies Corporation Limited was established on 2nd April 1973, under the company Act, 1956.
The Food and Consumer Protection department, Government of Bihar manages one of India largest Public Distribution System (PDS) supply chain through which major commodities like wheat, rice etc. are distributed through a network of more than 45,000 Fair Price Shops covering a population (AAY and Priority Household) of more than 76 million in the state.
The Bihar State Food and Civil Supplies Corporation (BSFC), nodal agency for distribution of PDS commodities is implementing the state of the art e-PDS system to introduce transparency and accountability in the entire system and arrest leakages and diversions in the supply chain which is defeating the noble cause and scheme of the Government. The project covers activities at all the District Managers offices, 57 FCI depots and 534 PDS Godowns in the state.
BSFC also has been designated as Nodal Agency for procurement of paddy and wheat on behalf of Govt. at Minimum Support Price (MSP) and additional bonus announced by State Government from the farmers.
Sailent features of the e-PDS Project are given below :
- Fully automated Stock Issue Order (SIO) generation.
- Automatic reconciliation of amounts paid by FPS dealers into Banks.
- Integration of electronic floor scales with the e-PDS system to ensure proper weightage supply for dealer.
- Real Time Godown Inventory Management through computerization of stock received and stock issued at the Godowns.
- Monitoring foodgrain movement in real-time along with load cell with the help of GPS based vehicle devices and load sensors fixed to vehicles under section 12(2)(b) of NFSA.
- Real time tracking of vehicle movement through dedicated control rooms in each district and BSFS Head Quarters.
- Automated SMS alerts regarding food grain movement to beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Transparency and Accountability introduced in the entire system through a comprehensive Management Information System (MIS) under section 12(2)(d) of NSFA.
- Dedicated Help Desk for redressal of technical issues.
- Dedicated Call Centre for redressal of grievances of all stakeholders under section 14. of NFSA
Official Website : http://sfc.bihar.gov.in
Post a Comment (
- HAPPY TEACHERS DAY Posted on 2016-09-04
- Photograph from Kaimur (Bhabhua) District of Bihar Posted on 2016-09-04
- BLOCK MAP OF KAIMUR | ADHAURA, BHAGWANPUR, BHABUA, CHAND, CHAINPUR, DURGAWATI, KUDRA, MOHANIA, NUAON, RAMGARH, RAMPUR Posted on 2016-09-04
- Bihar exam board to link exams with Aadhar Posted on 2016-09-04
- The Memsaheb by Author Rashmi Singh released on 30th August 2016 at Delhi Book Fair, Pragati Maidan Posted on 2016-09-03