An earthquake measuring 6.8 on the richter scale hit North India on Sunday and the epicentre was 64 km from Gangtok in Sikkim.
Mild tremors were felt in Delhi and other parts of North India. Tremors were felt in Patna, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal also.
Reports said that tremors were felt for almost 30 seconds. People in most parts of North and East India rushed out of their homes in panic.
Reports said that aftershocks were also felt around Sikkim 20 minutes after the earthquake. Chief Election Commissioner SY Qureshi who was staying in a hotel in Bhutan said that there were minor cracks in the hotel.
There were no initial reports of any major damage.
RS Dattatreya, Director, Seismology in the Met Department said that there were possibility of aftershocks only in the area around the epicentre.
This is the second earthquake felt in Delhi in the last 10 days.
Post a Comment (
- HAPPY TEACHERS DAY Posted on 2016-09-04
- Photograph from Kaimur (Bhabhua) District of Bihar Posted on 2016-09-04
- BLOCK MAP OF KAIMUR | ADHAURA, BHAGWANPUR, BHABUA, CHAND, CHAINPUR, DURGAWATI, KUDRA, MOHANIA, NUAON, RAMGARH, RAMPUR Posted on 2016-09-04
- Bihar exam board to link exams with Aadhar Posted on 2016-09-04
- The Memsaheb by Author Rashmi Singh released on 30th August 2016 at Delhi Book Fair, Pragati Maidan Posted on 2016-09-03