The topography of Bihar can be easily described as a fertile alluvial plain occupying the north, the Gangetic Valley; The northern plain extends from the foothills of the Himalayas in the north to a few miles south of the river Ganges as it flows through the State from the west to the east. Rich farmland and lush orchards extend throughout the north. Following are the major crops: paddy, wheat, lentils, sugarcane, jute (hemp, related to the marijuana plant, but a source of tough fibers and "gunny bags".) Also, cane grows wild in the marshes of West Champaran. The principal fruits are: mangoes, banana, jack fruit and litchis. This is one the very few areas outside China which produces litchi. There is very little industry in the plain region except for the sugar factories that are scattered all over the northern plains, particularly in the western region. Jute is transported to the jute factories located mostly in Calcutta.... Read More
Article Related to Bihar
Faithfuls lighted candles to offer prayers on the eve of Christmas in a Catholic Church in Patna on December 24, 2016. Photo: Aftab Alam Siddiqui
JD Women's College students took pledge in the foundation day function of their college in Patna on December 22, 2016. Bihar Governor Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the function. Bihar Education Minister Ashok Choudhary was present on the occasion.
Students of Magadh Mahila College participated in the Christmas fete with fun and frolic at their College ground in Patna on December 22, 2016.
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), India’s premier Navaratna Defence Electronics Company requires outstanding Software professionals on contract basis for a period of ONE year, for its Central D&E Division, Bangalore Unit
याद उन्हे भी खुब आती होगी अपनों की, मगर देश की दिवाली रोशन करने की खातिर वो सरहद पर ही दिवाली मना लेते हैं !!
- HAPPY TEACHERS DAY Posted on 2016-09-04
- Photograph from Kaimur (Bhabhua) District of Bihar Posted on 2016-09-04
- BLOCK MAP OF KAIMUR | ADHAURA, BHAGWANPUR, BHABUA, CHAND, CHAINPUR, DURGAWATI, KUDRA, MOHANIA, NUAON, RAMGARH, RAMPUR Posted on 2016-09-04
- Bihar exam board to link exams with Aadhar Posted on 2016-09-04
- The Memsaheb by Author Rashmi Singh released on 30th August 2016 at Delhi Book Fair, Pragati Maidan Posted on 2016-09-03
- Download prescribed verification format of the Domestic Helper and submit it to the concerned Police Station.